Sunday, June 1, 2008

Camping Fever

With the new addition to our family, we felt we could really benefit from a bigger tent while camping. I wanted something that you could stand up in because I hate getting dressed in a tent while laying down or bending way down. Our old tent was great and lasted us 5 years, but it was time to upgrade. We found a great tent on sale at REI and jumped on the deal. It's a North Face 6 person tent and we already love it. There is enough room for our queen sized blow up mattress, a pack-n-play for the baby, a sleeping bag for Suzy, and all our luggage. It's tall enough for even Jeremy to stand in it. We figured it could be a late birthday present for Jeremy since I was completely laid up with a 2-day old baby on his actual birthday and all he got was a 90 minute bike ride.



We tested it out immediately when we got home by setting it up in the family room where it barely fit. Now I can't WAIT to try it out for real. We're planning our first camping trip the end of June when the girls and I are going up to Logan to support Jeremy in the MS 150 bike ride. It'll be grass camping which will be perfect for the tent's debut campout. BTW - expect an email hitting you up for donations here in another week or so.




My late birthday present was a freezer. We had an extra fridge/freezer downstairs but the fridge was never used and the unit was very old and assumably inefficient. We got a 7 cubic foot freezer to take its place - mostly to be used for storing breastmilk for when I go back to work in August.

No comments: