Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Brit / Sidewalk Chalk Art

We helped my niece Brittany celebrate her birthday at the Gateway last weekend. Holy Cow, do I really have a 20 year old niece|!?!? How did that happen? We had a blast with my family at dinner and then afterwards we walked around and experienced the awesome sidewalk chalk art festival. It's amazing to me what people can do with chalk on the plain old sidewalk!! I also had this random experience where I bumped into my favorite professor and advisor from the U of U, Pat McMurtry. He was a lot taller than I remembered and had short hair. He's taking a leave from teaching for a full year. At the end of the night Suzy ran through the fountain with Kenzie and Brandon. For those of you not familiar with the Gateway, they have a fountain that randomly shoots jets of water up and they welcome people to play there. Here are some pictures of the cooler art, post a comment and vote for your favorite!

Picasa SlideshowPicasa Web AlbumsFullscreen

No comments: